GREAT RESULTS DEMANDS A GREAT START
Spelling Competitions should not be considered as more distractions or interruptions of the school calendar and activities; they are useful tools in the development of the student or participant.
The Power of Spelling Bees…
Spelling Bee is very powerful! It is one competition that has gotten global acceptance and culture within schools, communities and individuals. The potency of the competition or contest can be classified into the following:
- Mood Context – Students sometimes have mood swings and easily need a huge form and level of motivation. The Spelling Bee is quite a useful tool to help set moods and also define moods for students. The winning, seriousness, alertness, etc are all forms of various moods that condition the student. So parents, educators and schools must realize this point and also seek to leverage on it.
- Atmosphere Context – I believe that learning can be fun. Indeed, learning should and must be fun. The spelling bee as a game, sport or competition can create the right atmosphere; useful for comportment, learning and other positive things.
- Academic Context – If ever there was a creative way to promote studying, research, reading, literacy, etc it would definitely be through spelling bees. We must remember that tools are used, they are a means to an end most times. Participants and students are required to learn words and study hard in preparation for the Spelling Bee Competition. Furthermore, during the competition, both the audience and speller get to learn about the correct spelling and sometimes the definitions of the words being spelt.
- Behavioural Context – Like most competitions, there are rules to obey and follow. The Spelling Bee Teachers and Students to be law abiding and rules conscious. It helps in the development of good behavior through compliance with rules.
- Skills Context – Reading is not just an activity but also a skill. The students are equipped with reading skills in preparation of most spelling bee competition.
- Esteem & Values Context – Everyone is considered a winner within the competition, however, some students will emerge as winners of the grand prize(s). The temptation to cheat is curbed through the rules but participants are required to cheer each other…win or lose. This is a sign of good values. Their esteem is built and grown with the confidence infused into the participants due to the knowledge gained while studying for the competition. The competition also positions participants to overcome their fears by placing them before a large audience to spell. This eventually increases Self Esteem.
- Culture & History Context – The students get exposed to several words, roots/origin, part of speech, etc. This is indirectly a unique way of exposure to several culture and diverse history. Also, it helps to shape their career direction and interest.
- Brain & Performance Context – We have been told that what we don’t use goes dormant. In fact, our brains are not fully harnessed by us. Memorization of words, sounds, etc are some characteristics and features of the Spelling Bee. Hence, the brain gets to be utilized, stretched and also harnessed. The eventual outcome of this is better performance
AIM TO WIN
We all aim for the best in life. Therefore, trainers, handlers and participants should aim for the best which is to WIN!. One sure way for this to happen is through PRACTICE!
There is a common quote that says “He who fails to practice has practiced to fail.”
PRACTICE TODAY AND EVERYDAY
You must begin a lifestyle and culture of practice for a great outcome.
When should you practice?
- When you are alone
- After reading
- When you’re excited
- When you’re with others
- When you don’t feel like
DO WHAT YOU’VE READ
In summary, you are expected to do something about what you’ve read and get your students to begin their journey of practicing.
ARE YOU REGISTERED FOR THE 10TH EDITION OF THE TEAMMASTERS NATIONAL SPELLING BEE???
If your answer is NO, then you must hurry to register to be a part of this competition.
Payment Details: Teammasters Global Standard Limited/1012533092/Zenith Bank
Registration Link: http://bit.ly/SpellingBee10thEdition
for further enquiries, please call 08094644634, 08033856800 or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teammasters National Spelling Bee…..Spelling is Compelling