LAGOS STATE DISTRICT COMPETITIONS…
Finally, registration to participate in the 7th Edition of the TeamMasters Spelling Bee Competition has come to a close and the spellers from all participating schools are ready for the national contest!
The mock competition conducted was really an eye opener for all spellers as their mistakes were clearly identified and corrected. Common mistakes identified were;
- Irregular use of the Life Lines
- Not repeating the word after spelling
- Not speaking clearly into the microphone
Spellers alongside coordinators and parents who attended were sure able to take note of all these and could use them to better prepare for the main competitions.
The District, which is the first stage of the competition kicked off in Lagos State starting from March 1st to March 12th. About seven (7) District Competitions took place within Lagos States, the last one scheduled to hold in 15th of April 2016.
The competition was a huge success in all the districts. Subsequently, other participating states will have their District finals commencing from April 13, 2016.
We say a Big Congratulations to the district finalists!
We hope preparations are underway at your end for the Zonal stage of the competition.
PREPARE YOUR SPELLERS BETTER…
Remember, proper preparation prevents poor performance, and we have just what you need to help you prepare adequately. The book ‘Mastering Spelling Bee,’ is a guide that ensures excellent performance at the spelling bee competition. The book is a special guide that is essential for any spelling bee contestant, coach, parents and teachers
- Common mistakes spellers make during the competition
- Life Lines available and how to make the best use of them
- Teaching methods and techniques parents, coordinators and spelling bee tutors can adopt
- Practical methods to surviving tough rounds
- The keys to winning any spelling bee contest!
“Mastering Spelling Bee is an effective tool to help equip and empower students to excel in the spelling bee and any other competition” …Rotimi Eyitayo Author “Mastering Spelling Bee”; Project Director, TeamMasters Spelling Bee)
Beyond just learning hundreds of words, it is very important for every speller to master the skill of spelling and competitions. So hurry and pick up copies for your spellers so they can read up and practice during the holidays!
Copies of the book are available at our corporate office – 2nd floor. 51, Opebi Road, Ikeja Lagos.
APPRECIATING OUR HOST SCHOOLS…
YES! We cannot but express our profound gratitude and appreciation to all our host schools at the mock and district competitions.
- Eritoy Schools, Ajah, Lagos State
- Queensland Academy, Okota, Lagos State
- Edidot Schools, Awoyaya, Lagos State
- Riverbank Schools, Victoria Island, Lagos State
- Caleb International College, Magodo, Lagos State
- Karmel Group of Schools, Ifako, Lagos State
- Christ the King International Schools, Gbagada, Lagos State
- Celia International School, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Emmanuel International School, Jos, Plateau State
- RCCG Temple of God Parish, Lekki, Lagos State
Thank you for your support!
We also welcome more schools who may be interested in hosting other stages of the competition within their states. Please feel free to contact us.
Follow us on our social media platforms for updates as the competition progresses
Do have a great and fulfilled week!
Project Director (TeamMasters Spelling Bee)
YouTube: TeamMasters Spelling Bee